Former Depew Teacher Pleads Guilty To Stealing From PTO | News
BUFFALO, N.Y.- In February, the Depew School Board accepted the abrupt resignation of Cayuga Elementary teacher Susan Jablonski.
Tuesday, in the Erie County courtroom of Judge Thomas Franczyk, Jablonski pleaded guilty to the charges that apparently led to that resignation.
Jablonski admitting to stealing more than $17,000 from the school's parent-teacher organization from 2008-2010 to pay for personal expenses.
Jablonski also served as treasurer of the PTO.
Erie County District Attorney Frank Sedita says at least $6,000 of the money stolen was withdrawn from an ATM at a local casino.
Cayuga Heights PTO president Donna Kapinos tells 2 On Your Side that this was not a systematic breakdown in security, but rather a trusted individual who took advantage of her position. She assures parents that funds are secure and the group will flourish from here on out.
Upcoming Events near Lancaster
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mary Queen of Angels Students to Present Christmas Play
- A MESSAGE FROM COUNTY CLERK JACOBS: A HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON IS A SAFE HOLIDAY SEASON
- Accident Caused Major Back-Up on Route 33
- MQA Students Paint Water-themed Mural for National Contest
- Treat Your Pups to Something Special, and Help a Local Rescue Shelter